“Hair doesn’t make the women but good hair definitely helps.”
Best Curling Iron for Beach Waves in 2020
Table of Content
Beach wave, in the interim, is the most vogue hairstyle of this era. Fashion has changed drastically over time and everyone is very conscious about hairstyle. Beachy waves are a manifestation of joyful summer days and are appropriate for anywhere from the office to parties and events. The popularity of this hairstyle has become interminable.
But getting perfect beach waves requires best curling irons out there, which not only protect your hair against heat but give you elegant smooth curls.
You might be wondering which curling iron is best for your beach waves. This article presents the best curling iron and the right way to use them to give you the perfect style you long for. Feel free to visit our Pinterest page for the latest pins related to best size curling wand for beach waves.
Our Top Picks – Best Curling Iron for Beach Waves
||View on Amazon|
||View on Amazon|
||View on Amazon|
What Types of Curling Irons Are Available?
There are three different types of curling iron you will find in the market. The purpose of these curling iron is similar but has a slight difference in their working style.
The most prominent difference is in their design. Wands are probably designed to give you natural loose waves. It is because they don’t have clamps which hold the hairs to give you tight waves/curls. In short curling wands are more often use to attain loose beach wave hairstyles.
Automatic Curling Iron
This automatic tool is a blessing, especially for the beginners. This automated curling iron rotates automatically and makes attractive and tight curls/waves with less effort. The only thing you need to do is to put this tip of the hair into the small clamp and select the direction where you want to make your curls. This automatic tool is very simple and easy to use. You are likely to be an expert by frequently using this particular tool.
Interchangeable Curling Iron
These are the recently innovated product in the market. Basically, these curling irons come up with the various size barrels. This versatility in the product allows you to make various types of curls with a single product.
List of the top 7 Best Curling Iron for Beach Waves in (2020)
Curling Irons for Beach Waves – Comparison Chart
1. DYSON AIRWRAP COMPLETE STYLER HAIR STYLING SET – Best Curling Iron for Waves
DYSON airwrap is a versatile hair styling set engineered for multiple hair types and styles. This styling set is not unique in its performance but also in its style. This product provides a Coanda effect using the powerful motor with aerodynamics to curl hair eliminating the extreme heat element.
If your hair is sensitive, prone to damage or already damaged then you should use this product as this hair curler will give you professional curls without using much heat hence preventing your hair from heat damage. This styling set has a different size of barrels, use the wide barrel for loose curls and slim for tight curls.
This styling iron maintains heat on its own so you don’t have to worry about heat settings. And it can style hair using temperature as low as 300° F while other curling irons use 350°- 400° F. Canada effect caused by the motors propels air along each strand of hair to mimic hairstylists blow-dry technique and give you smooth professional waves. It is lightweight and has a cord of length 8.5ft.
- Technology: Conada Effect using Aerodynamics
- Barrel Size (Diameter): Multi size barrel
- Cord Length: 8.5ft tangle free cord
- Temperature: Automatic Temperature control (Maximum performance with minimum heat)
How to Use:
- Start with damp/towel dried hair.
- Use barrel size according to your curl requirement.
- Wrap your hair across barrel.
- Set heat and air to high and start curling.
- Make sure to turn off when hair are completely dried.
2. GHD SOFT CURL IRON – Best Tool for Beach Waves
GHD soft curl gives bouncy, big and soft curls especially for people who want beachy waves. This best hair tool for waves has featured a 1.25-inch wide barrel for loose curls with the spring-activated lever to prevent your hair tips when styling.
New ultra-zone technology provides no more or less heat needed to perfectly curl your hair and ceramic barrel technology evenly distributes this heat across the barrel. The auto shut-off feature automatically turns it off within 30 minutes of inactivity.
Universal voltage control enables it to be used anywhere in the world and professional swivel cord provides styling flexibility. Safety stand comes built in to place on a hard surface when not in use. Light and sound features tell you about the status of the deep wave hair tool (whether it is on/off or ready to use).
- Technology: Ceramic Barrel with new ultra-zone technology
- Barrel Size (Diameter): 1.25 inch barrel
- Cord Type: Professional swivel cord
- Temperature: up to 365° F
3. T3 WHIRL TRIO STYLING WAND – Best Hair Waver Iron
T3 whirl trio is an automatic deep wave curling iron with advance motion-detecting sensors that detect the direction of your hand and move the barrel automatically. T3 whirl trio has made the hairstyling so easy that you can get salon-like results at home in no time.
It comes with 3 interchangeable barrels that give you endless styling possibilities. It can give any size of curl just change the barrel according to your desire and start curling your hair.
For loose curls use a 1.5-inch barrel and for tight curls/waves, you can use a 1-inch barrel. T3 whirl one pass technology can give you shiny and smooth curly hair in just 1 pass hence saving your time and avoiding hair damage.
- Technology: Ceramic barrel coated with tourmaline
- Barrel Size (Diameter): 1.25 inch
- Cord Type: Tangle free cord
- Temperature: 260°F – 410°F
4. SULTRA THE BOMBSHELL ROD CURLING IRON – Best Beach Waves short Hair Wand
SULTRA the bombshell gives you lust-worthy consistent looking hair with its even heat distribution, in half the time than any ordinary curling iron. This curling iron has no clip to avoid demarcation that makes it the best curling iron for short hair beach waves.
It’s advance care ceramic and heat technology gives constant 395 F temperature and generates negative ions and near-infrared rays to smoothen your hair cuticles.
This curling tool for short hair is specially created for color-treated, dry and damaged hair. It comes with an auto shut-off feature and universal voltage control.
- Technology: Advance care Ceramic technology
- Barrel Size (Diameter): 1 inch
- Cord Type: Tangle free cord
- Temperature: up to 395°F
5. XTAVA 5 IN 1 PROFESSIONAL CURLING IRON AND WAND SET – Best Curling Iron for Loose Waves
XTAVA provide you with luxe hair tools at cheapest prices possible. XTAVA 5 in 1 curling iron wand set is universal hair curling set which can you curls of any size and shape. It has 5 interchangeable barrels which comes in following sizes
- 0.3 – 0.75 inch tapered barrel (Clipless)
- 0.7 – 1 inch tapered barrel (Clipless)
- 0.7 – 1 inch barrel (With Clip)
- 1 inch barrel (With Clip)
- 1 inch barrel (With Clip)
Negative ion technology locks moisture into your hair and smoothens hair cuticles. Tourmaline coated ceramic barrel gives even heat distribution that makes it the best curling iron for loose curls.
Temperature can vary from 250° F to 410° F with digital dial to keep track of the temperature. Dual voltage control allows it to be used anywhere in the world and auto shut-feature turns iron off after 1 hour. 8ft swivel cord allows flexible hair styling.
- Technology: Tourmaline coated ceramic
- Barrel Size (Diameter): 5 barrels in multiple sizes
- Cord Length: 8ft swivel cord
- Temperature: 250° to 410°F
6. BED HEAD A-WAVE-WE-GO ADJUSTABLE WAVER FOR MULTIPLE STYLES – Best Curling Tongs for Short Hair
This wave iron for short hair has double barrel and is best for S-shaped curls. It features tourmaline coated ceramic barrel which reduces frizz and adds extra shine. Waver barrel can be adjusted to get curls in different sizes. People mark this curling iron as the best tool for curling short hair due to above these qualities.
400°F is the highest temperature it can achieve with multiple heat settings in between. The latest heater technology provides instant heat up. It supports the auto shut-off feature and dual voltage control. 8ft tangle-free cord eases the styling experience.
- Technology: Tourmaline coated ceramic
- Barrel Size (Diameter): Adjustable waver barrel
- Cord Length: 6ft tangle free swivel cord
- Temperature: up to 400°F
7. OCALISS CURLING IRON AUTOMATIC HAIR CURLING WAND – Best Hair Waver for Short Hair
This is an automatic wavy hair curling iron for medium length hair. It is very easy to operate, you can practically curl your hair wherever you are with just 1 click of a button. The direction of the curl (Inner/Outer) can be decided by choosing the left or right button. Dual PTC heater heats the curling iron instantly and ceramic plates provide even heat distribution across the plates. Moreover, tourmaline coating prevents your hair from sticking to the barrel.
Negative ion technology releases Million of ions to provide you smooth silky hair. Temperature can be varied from 260° F to 420° F in just 30 seconds and the led display measures the accurate temperature for your convenience.
- Technology: Pearl diamond Ceramic barrel dual PTC heating
- Barrel Size (Diameter): 1 inch
- Cord Length: Tangle free cord
- Temperature: 260° to 400°F
Things to Consider While Buying Curling Iron for Beach Waves and Curls
To get stunning, sleek and smooth hairstyle there are certain features that your curling iron must possess. These features solely depend on which type of curls do you want and what is your hair type. Some important features that you must look for while buying curling iron are:
Size of Barrel (Width): Shape of your curl primarily depends on the size of the barrel. The lower the width of the barrel the tighter will be the curl. For beach waves and loose curls, barrel size of curling iron must be 1.5 to 2 inch wide.
Shape of Barrel: Shape of Barrel also determines the shape of curls. Curling iron comes in many shapes.
- Tapered ended/Cone shaped: Cone shaped curling iron gives you flexibility of getting different size of curls. Wider area of barrel will give you loose curls and slimmer area of barrel will give you tight curls.
- Straight Barrel: Straight barrel curling iron is the most common type of curling iron. This barrel has same width whole way along. Wider straight barrel is for loose curls and beach waves. While slim barrel gives you tight curls.
- Multi-Barrel (double or triple): This type of barrel gives you S shaped curls. This is very easy to use and best for loose curls.
Variable Heat Settings: Temperature is one of the most important features to be considered while buying a curling iron. Temperature not only defines your curl but is also important for different hair types. For example, thick coarse hair requires high temperature while fine hair can’t stand that much temperature and easily damaged. A curling iron that makes waves must have variable temperature control so that it can be used for different hair types.
Material of Barrel: This feature is important for the uniform, professional-looking hairstyle. The most common material used in curling iron are ass follows:
- Ceramic Barrel: Ceramic material gives uniform heat distribution so that you get even curls. This type of material is best for fine hair which requires less heat.
- Titanium Barrel: Titanium has the property of getting heated quickly and greater heat penetration to hair. This type of barrel is best for thick, coarse and stubborn hair.
- Tourmaline Coated Barrel:Tourmaline is the crystal ground finely. This material is usually coated over ceramic material to prevent hair from sticking to the barrel and hence preventing hair damage.
Safety: Although this feature is not very important it is good if your curling iron has the auto-shutoff feature in case you ever forget to turn off your best hair waver for beach waves.
Tips to get perfect Beach waves
Beach wave is a natural and versatile hairstyle. You must note that you are not aiming for perfect curls you are looking for a natural-looking style. You might start by getting the right haircut, in case you have long hair you can ask your hairstylist for long layers. But anyhow if you don’t want to get a haircut you can directly jump to the preparation step, you will get hairstyle just fine.
- First of all, wash your hair with some good shampoo to get smooth hair.
- Pat your hair lightly with a towel. Don’t rub your hair, it will make your hair frizzy. You can also dry your hair with a hairdryer at low air.
- Brush your hair to separate the strands of your hair.
- Apply heat protectant serum to give extra protection to your hair.
- To make hair curling experience easy, you can also divide your hair into several sections using bobby pins.
- First of all set temperature of curling iron according to your hair type. If you have thin hair keep the low temperature of about 300° – 350° F. If you have thick hair set the temperature to 350° – 400° F.
- Start from the bottom of your hair. Take a 2-inch section of your hair and wrap around the barrel.
- Keep your hair wrapped around barrel for 4-5 seconds. If you want really loose curls you can decrease this wrapping time or if you want little tight curls you can wrap your hair around the barrel for little longer.
- Move toward the upper section of hair and repeat steps 2 and 3. Keep moving up unless you are satisfied with the number of curls. If you want less number of curls you can simply curl lower area of hair, or if you want more amount of curls you can move to upper areas of hair.
- Repeat these steps for all sections of hair and apply hair spray to make hair stay that way.
Tips for different Hair types
Curling the same section of hair multiple times is caused when you are not satisfied with results in just one contact. This can be avoided by using curling iron of good quality. All beach wave hair tools mentioned in this article are best in their performance and can give you curls in the minimum amount of contacts. Moreover, go easy with other hair products like hair spray as they can also damage you are fine hair.
Thick Hair: Thick hair has a strong hydrogen bond and requires more heat than fine hair. You need to apply more heat to your hair to get the desired hairstyle. But don’t be too careless as they can also be damaged. Avoid multiple times in contact with the deep wave hair tool.
You can use other hair products to make the styling easy like using thick hair moose on your wet hair before styling. Hair spray can be used to hold your curls.
Coarse and Frizzy Hair: This hair type requires extra moisturizing before styling. Use moisturizer to make hair frizz-free and smooth before styling. Also, apply heat protectant serum as this hair will require more heat to get a perfect style.
Traveling With Your Styling Irons
It is a good practice to consider your traveling perspective before making your mind about a curling iron. It is necessary because in the USA most of the appliances are running on the low voltage ( 110-120V ) while outside the USA many countries have 220-240V electricity system. To match this fact, you have to choose a curling iron that not only has a dual voltage technology but it also easy to carry.
If you still want to buy the best curling iron for waves, that have only low voltage working capability, you still don’t need to worry about that. This issue can be solved through a voltage converter/adopter. These adapters are universally applicable and can be utilized in any country. To give you assistance in which adopters are perfect, following we have mentioned some universally recognized voltage converter/adapters.
- EPICKA Universal Travel Adapter
- Ouliyo International Travel Adapter
- Foval International Travel Adapter
- Castries Voltage Converter Travel Adapter
- Allwei International Travel Adapter
Common Mistakes While Curling Hair for Beach Waves
There are some common mistakes that people often do while using a beach wave hair tool. Some of them have mentioned below.
You haven’t chosen the right barrel size
It is very important to have the right barrel for the recommended hair type. Barrel size also depends on the type of hairstyle you are looking for. Like for thick and tight curls your need to have small barrel while for loose curls long/broad barrel will be the best option. Moreover, for short hair small (1 inch) barrel will be a good option. Similarly, for medium length hair up to 1 ½”, and 2-inch will be perfect for long hair.
You are using the wrong temperature
Yes, the right temperature setting is necessary to attain a good hairstyle. For example, for thick hair, 400F temperature will produce perfect results while for fine, thin and natural hairs 250-300F temperature would be best.
You don’t apply a spray to protect your hair from heat
This is the most common mistake that many people do. Heat protectants save your hair for the heat damage. You should utilize these heat protectants along with the good and recommended heat/temperature to minimize the hair damage.
Be patient and work with small sections
Curling your hair is not an easy task and you should have patience during the curling process. Heat can be dangerous for your hair if you do not utilize it correctly. So, work with small sections or segments slowly.
Read the instructions
You should read the manual guide carefully before applying the curling iron to your hair. These manual guides have complete details about the correct usage of a curling iron. You can also learn from this manual guide that how can you take care of your deep wave curling iron to maintain its performance and life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe & reliable?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to use the best curling wand for waves to make beach waves. Many curling irons have adjustable heat settings that can help you to make curls at least damaging temperatures. Along with this the good professional curling irons, you should also have an auto-shut feature that automatically shuts down the tool after 60 minutes (if you forget to switch off the machine). So, it is quite safe to use.
Should I use heat protectants?
Yes, you should use a heat protectant to save your hair from the heat damage. Although these tools have all the safety measures in the shape of adjustable heat settings. But heat is dangerous for your hair strands. So, use heat protectants before applying the best curling tong for beach waves.
What safety features should a wavy hair curling iron possess?
Although these hot styling tools are pretty safe to use. If you have some concerns, you can choose curling tongs that have an auto shut feature that shuts down the curling iron after a specific time. Mostly, it is observed as 60 minutes but it varies from model to model. Secondly, you can use a heatproof glove to save your hand from unconscious touch.
What curling irons are best for fine hair?
You always go for a tool that has an adjustable heat setting. So, you can choose a low heat setting for your thin, fine hair. Normally a heat temperature from 250F to 300F is perfect for natural, fine and thin hairs.
Can I transform all hair types into beach waves?
Yes, as we have mentioned above, that you should choose a curling iron that is recommended for your hair type. This makes easy for you to mold any type of hair into beach waves.
Should you choose curling iron or flat iron for beach waves?
Yes, you can use a flat iron to make beach waves but it is quite difficult to understand, how you can make curls with a flat iron. A flat iron is generally used to straighten the hair but many people are not aware of this fact that you can utilize this hot styling tool to make beach waves. We recommend you should go with the best curling iron to make beach waves because it is easy to use and you can get used to curling iron after a couple of usages. So, keep using the best tool that is specialized for beach waves.
Is it better to go with a curling iron or wand for beach waves?
Both of the tools are great and perfect to make beach waves. well, there are a couple of differences in both of the tools when it came to making beach waves.
- Curling wand produces loose or natural-looking waves.
- A curling iron is famous for making thick, bouncy and shiny beachy waves/curls.
- You have to hold a curling wand from top to downward sequences
- While a curling iron should have a natural angle or you have to hold it from down to upward to attain most attractive beach waves.
In, short both of the tools are perfect but you have to make a decision while considering your preferences or what suits you the most.
What shapes of curling irons can you choose from?
It is directly interconnected with the two factors,
- What is your hair type?
- What type of hairstyle you want to make?
There are four type of curling iron shapes you would probably notice.
This is the most common shape of a curling iron that is utilized by the users frequently. In this curling iron, you will notice the shape of the cylinder and the thickness remain the same from top to bottom. This type of beach wave hair tool is perfect to make bouncy, strong waves.
The best thing about this is, you can make any type of waves and curls with the help of this cone shape barrels. The shape of this curling iron is similar to the cone ice cream but in the opposite direction. This curling iron handling is a bit different, you have to hold them from upside to downward.
This type of curling iron is also a good option to have beautiful curls. This type of curling iron also has a clamp to hold the hair. One drawback that might affect this shape is its handling. You have to learn how to work with this type of curling iron to produce good and perfect results.
Double and Triple Barrels
This shape is also known as “waver”. It is because this type of curling iron makes a proper S shape curls instead of having complete round curls. This type of curling iron is also very easy to work with.
What clip types do the curling iron have?
Basically, you can differentiate into two types of curling iron while considering the clip type.
In this type of curling iron, there is a clamp that catches/holds the hair to make curls.
In this type, you have curling wands in which no clamp is there to hold the hair. Instead, you have to roll the hair on the barrel to acquire loose beach waves or curls.
Conclusion About the Best Curling Iron and Wand for Beach Waves:
Here was our complete guide about the best curling iron for beach waves. These products are good for short hair beach waves and long beach waves as well.
Beach waves are now a day common hairstyle. Most people can get beach waves with minimum or no effort at all. But if you have stubbornly straight hair and want beach waves you must choose the best curling out there for professional results and must not use it recklessly as it will destroy your hair.
Follow the guide to get beach waves and choose curling iron from the list mentioned above for fast hairstyling with the best performance. Don’t neglect the importance of hair care products as they protect your hair against heat from the deep wave hair tool. It might not be evident in the short-run but they sure protect your hair in the long run.